RSS

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Weekend

Last week the temperatures hovered in the teens. This week, it's in the 40s. Our mountains of snow are melting into deep pools of water with no place to go. Ah well, weather provides a topic of conversation, right? :)

We made a long weekend trip back home (somehow home still feels like where we moved from, instead of here...here is where we live and have a home. Make sense?). I stopped at all my must-shop places that I wish were much closer to me. On Thursday Mom, my sister Liz, and I stopped at a salvage grocery (slim pickings!) and a thrift store where I added a few items to my wardrobe. Friday Jeremy and I feasted at P.F. Changs, picked up some necessities from Trader Joes, and enjoyed shopping at our favorite used bookstore, Half Price Books. I usually find a couple books at HPB, this visit I bought 10! (And I likely left some treasures behind.) Five books by Elizabeth Gaskell, two by Jane Austen, one by Louisa May Alcott, one by Johanna Spyri, and one unfinished novel by Charlotte Bronte.

I did get some good visiting time with my sisters and my parents, as well as a two-hour coffee date with my high school friend, Rebecca, who I hadn't seen for two years.

Now I'm back here and starting another week. I am off today, so have grocery shopped, cleaned the bathroom, tidied-up, etc.

Jeremy's taking me out tonight to celebrate Valentine's Day.

Hope you all are enjoying a pleasant Monday!

1 comments:

liz nelson said...

it was awesome to see you and do some hanging out this past weekend! wish that could happen more often.:)

 
Copyright Facts, Facets, Fancies, and Fairy Tales 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Templates | Blogger Template