RSS

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

December Reading

December certainly lagged behind in my reading. This was partly due to my starting The Brother Karamazov by Dostoevsky in late November. I trudged through 350+ pages before deciding that my mood and mind needed a break. I do plan to pick it back up here and finish it soon, but December just wasn't the time.

I finished six books. The Power of the Praying Wife was a completion of my reading goal for spiritual growth/encouragement books. I also found the book insightful and convicting as I attempt to learn how to pray more specifically and meaningfully for Jeremy.

The Lightning Thief was for work. (In the next month I'll be making my way through the entire Percy Jackson series for a program at work...I've got to get reading!)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever
was totally just for laughs, because those books always have something funny to offer.

The Scorpio Races
was a suggestion from my friend Becca, and I certainly enjoyed it. It's a YA book. I find it hard to know how to summarize the story, so I'll just let it be.

I read Soulspace because it was about organizing, which I have a particular interest in; sadly the book just didn't cut it for me as it was very woo-woo, without much practicality to it.

And finally, I picked up The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag because 11-year-old Flavia de Luce is the perfect companion for diversion and mystery solving. I'd highly recommend the series!

December Reading
Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney
Soulspace by Xorin Balbes
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
The Power of the Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian

Check back soon, as I'll be posting a quick wrap-up on my 2011 reading.

0 comments:

 
Copyright Facts, Facets, Fancies, and Fairy Tales 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Templates | Blogger Template