RSS

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

13 years ago

13 years ago today, I had braces affixed to my teeth. It was a rather cruel realization that I would not be participating in the Thanksgiving feast as my teeth would be sore. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love all the food that Mom prepares and the noise of everyone sitting around the table eating mounds of turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, cranberries. I can only guess that the appointment maker in the house didn't connect the dots between braces and Thanksgiving. I spent Thanksgiving that year eating raspberry jello and mashed potatoes, and while I do like both of those, I did miss out on many other once a year delicacies. I have, of course, forgiven my mother for that mistake, but I do like to bring it up every once in awhile just because I like to watch her response. And since I survived my almost food-less Thanksgiving, I figure now it makes a pretty good story. Seriously, what kid gets their braces put on the day before Thanksgiving?

3 comments:

Alaina said...

That WAS cruel! Why in the world did Mom agree to that appointment? And why did you let her keep it? :)

Amy K said...

Very tragic story. I feel badly for anyone deprived of fully enjoying Thanksgiving dinner. :)

Heather L. said...

That's terrible!

 
Copyright Facts, Facets, Fancies, and Fairy Tales 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Templates | Blogger Template