RSS

Friday, June 4, 2010

I know it's been awhile...

Because I don't have much of interest to share, I'll give you a quick run-down of the goings-on around here...

*My grandpa turned 90 on Monday and I got to help celebrate at our annual Memorial Day gathering.

*My older sister turned 31 on Tuesday. I didn't get to help celebrate, but I heard she had a great day.

*Patrons at the library have been invading my personal space a little too frequently.

*A house I pass on my way to work planted fake flowers along the edge of the yard...perpetual tulips and gladiolas and such.

*I'm 760 pages into Gone With the Wind. I decided to finish it, which I guess I'm glad about, but now I'm ready to finish it and move on.

*On Sunday Jeremy and I are headed on a short vacation to our favorite spot in MI.

*Today I found gluten-free oats marked down to $1.50/lb (regularly $3.50-$4/lb) and I gave a mental happy dance and thanked God for the provision. 8 lbs should keep up in oats for awhile.

*My landlord gave me permission to plant in a small patch of dirt outside my door. I excitedly planned and planted my "garden". But, it's not thriving and I don't know what to do for it.

*Last Friday a friend came over to watch the new BBC mini-series of Emma. If you haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for? It's fabulous, so check your local library and get watching.

*My favorite warm weather dessert right now is fruit with fresh whipped cream.



What's going on in your neck of the woods?

6 comments:

Kim Mierau said...

Is your favorite place South Haven? Because we'll be there Tuesday-Friday!

Lana Joy said...

I'm thrilled you loved Emma. It's fabulous. We started watching the 2008 BBC version of Sense and Sensibility. see if you can get that one, too. It's much better than the 90s one we're used to.

Heather L. said...

Well, if your garden is like mine, you'll have to break down and use miracle-gro. :( In the awful soil I have, it's the only way i get anything out of it.

Will check out Emma...

Heather L. said...

Well, if your garden is like mine, you'll have to break down and use miracle-gro. :( In the awful soil I have, it's the only way i get anything out of it.

Will check out Emma...oh after 23 other people do.

Shannon Schrage said...

I'm so glad they decided to plant plastic gladiolas. I'm sure it only adds to the cemetary-like garden. HA.

Pam-Mom said...

I certainly understand your joy in finding anything gluten-free on sale!!! It doesn't happen often enough. I'm glad you got to have a getaway vacation. We were ready for one too and on Memorial Day decided on the spur of the moment to go up to Estes Park for the day. We drove all the way to the top of Trail Ridge Rd. in the National Park and there were still walls of snow along the sides at the top. It was beautiful up there. We saw a herd of young bighorn sheep at the lower lake salt licks, saw elk and deer also, but I had forgotten my camera! Bummer!

 
Copyright Facts, Facets, Fancies, and Fairy Tales 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Templates | Blogger Template