RSS

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Shakespeare

I never really learned to enjoy Shakespeare until I took a class in college. Once immersed in his language and times, I found my interest and enjoyment grow. And I found I understood so much more of what the plays had to offer when actively involved in studying them. It's been five years since that class and that steady diet of Shakespeare.

Last night Jeremy and I took in a free performance of The Taming of the Shrew at a nearby park, put on by actors from several nearby universities. It was fun to get out and do something different. I packed along a picnic supper (frittata, roasted potatoes, blueberry scones, fresh blueberries and peaches) and we set up our chairs and settled in for the play. Unfortunately the acoustics made it nearly impossible to hear the actors unless they were facing forward. Since it was Shakespeare, this it made it doubly hard to follow what was going on. Still, it was fun to see a play as it's been a long time for me.

Here's to new experiences in this city we're still learning to appreciate!

3 comments:

liz nelson said...

that sounds like fun! even if you couldn't hear everythng.:) and the picnic sounds wonderful!

Lana Joy said...

One of my favorite plays. I miss having a steady diet of Shakespeare (as you said). I'm hoping to score a class on his plays sometime in my grad career. That would be awesome.

Heather L. said...

so happy for how God provided the car!!!

We're thinking of doing a couples' night at a free shakespeare play here in indy in sept...

 
Copyright Facts, Facets, Fancies, and Fairy Tales 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Templates | Blogger Template