RSS

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Camping

Three years ago I camped with my family, one final time before I got married that fall.
Two years ago Jeremy and I camped with my sister and brother-in-law.
One and a half years ago Jeremy and I attempted a fall camping trip alone.

I love to camp, but after our ill-fated camping trip (unseasonable cold+majorly damp wood=ridiculously cold and no fun), I had little desire to try again.

This past weekend I joined my whole family for what might just become an annual excursion. We spent three days relaxing, eating, talking, eating, playing games, eating, and generally enjoying the out of doors. I was able to bring along my bike, which was fortunate, as the closest toilet was at least an 1/8 of a mile away. The bike got some good use. :)

If you do the math, we had three campsites, three dining canopies covering three picnic tables, seven tents, four kids, 13 adults, 17 chairs, one cot, one tricycle, two munchkin-size bikes, and five regular-size bikes.

As you can imagine it was a busy and very happy place to be over the 4th of July weekend!
(Sadly I don't have pictures to show, but I know the memories will last.)

1 comments:

liz nelson said...

we had tons of fun. i definitely hope that it becomes an annual event.:)

 
Copyright Facts, Facets, Fancies, and Fairy Tales 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Templates | Blogger Template