RSS

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

June Reading

June was definitely a slower reading month for me, but I did complete one of my reading goals for the year--a book on marriage, Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half. Link
A couple posts back I briefly mentioned my enjoyment of Erica Bauermeister's book Joy for Beginners. This book chronicles a specific year in the life of seven interconnected woman. Their friend just in remission from breast cancer gives each woman a challenge to accomplish in the coming year. For one, it is learning to bake bread. For another it is taking a trip on her own. For a third it is getting a tattoo. The subsequent chapters focus individually on each woman and how the challenge changes her...most of the woman wonder how their friend so perfectly chose each challenge. Because I hope some of you might choose to pick this book up, I don't want to give too much away. So, that's all I'm going to say on this.

My completed reading list:

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
The Shipping News by Annie Proulx
Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half by Rick Johnson
Only the River Runs Free by Bodie and Brock Thoene
Joy for Beginners by Erica Bauermeister
South of Superior by Ellen Airgood

0 comments:

 
Copyright Facts, Facets, Fancies, and Fairy Tales 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Templates | Blogger Template