RSS

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Matter for Prayer

It's difficult when there is never any good news about the economy. It's all glum. I've obviously found it discouraging as I've been job searching. In addition, with the reality that my brother-in-law was downsized out of his job back in November, it's scary. Jer called me this morning with the news that the public library he works for has to cut $2.2 million from it's budget this year. The scary part is that they knew and were planning to cut $1.6 mil already, but where's the extra going to come from? I've been impressed with the library as they planned ahead and starting making major cuts last year to hopefully keep itself from too much of a crunch and they haven't been cutting jobs--as I understand, much of the goal of starting now was to preserve jobs. And still, even with this news, there isn't talk of job cuts, but it still makes our hearts beat a little quicker as we ponder this all, especially knowing Jeremy is one of the newer employees. However, we know that God will provide because not only is He our Creator, but He is also our Sustainer. We are going to be praying for this and everyone else facing similar circumstances.

5 comments:

jeremy said...

Much appreciated, sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Trust Jeremy will be kept on and Liz' husband will find work. Times are tough and I must say I don't envy you young ones. I just took another part time job to help make ends meet. Yet, Stephanie - the Lord doesn't change and He makes no mistakes. Trust in Him with all your heart and be careful to never lean on your own understandings...
Every word of His word is true and that is a precious promise.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Mrs. D. I know that and I believe it.

Heather L. said...

We are praying for you guys!

Alaina said...

We are definitey praying.

 
Copyright Facts, Facets, Fancies, and Fairy Tales 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Templates | Blogger Template