RSS

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Keeping Creative Kitchens

Today I'm participating in Alaina's Keeping Creative Kitchens. Although I'm newly married and have a kitchen full of new things, I find there are still times where I don't have quite the right gadget or utensil. So, here are a couple of my improvised uses for kitchen tools.

Pastry blender:
I don't have an immersion blender and I only just recently got a potato masher. So, when a soup needed blended, I'd use my pastry blender. I definitely had a thicker/chunkier soup, but that's the way my husband prefers it, and it was good enough for me. I did also use it for mashing chunky potatoes.

Hand mixer whisk:
I only have one whisk and it's in the medium to large range in size. When I need two whisks or I just need something smaller, I use one of the whisk attachments for my hand mixer and it works great!


And finally, since that was a rather dull segment, I'll leave you with a chicken "marinade" I made up this week (and I'm guessing on quantities because I really didn't measure it out, so use your own judgment if you choose to make this). I spread this over three pieces of chicken, set the pan in the fridge for about an hour, and then baked it.
Mix together:
A little less than 1/4 c. olive oil, a couple cloves of garlic, 1/8 tsp, crushed red pepper flakes, 1/8-1/4 tsp. oregano, 1/4-1/2 tsp. rosemary.
Salt and pepper the chicken, then spoon this mixture over the chicken (the spices will stay on top of the chicken, while the oil runs down the sides).

1 comments:

Margaret said...

That marinade sounds delicious!

 
Copyright Facts, Facets, Fancies, and Fairy Tales 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Templates | Blogger Template