RSS

Monday, January 5, 2009

It's the First Monday of the Year

Since it's the first full week of January, I decided today was as good a day as any to put away all the Christmas decorations and get this apartment back into shape. I always feel a bit melancholy putting up Christmas for another year (though I do realize if it was year-round I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much), so while I clean and undecorate, I'm filling my house with a final listening of my five Christmas CDs. It's not that I don't like the rest of the year, I just particularly appreciate all the family time and celebrations. Living far away this year has made me keenly aware of the wonderfulness of family! Last week Jeremy and I were down visiting my family for three days and I felt refreshed by it (although now that I'm living in such a quiet environment, I can find the incredible noise level a bit exhausting by the end of the day). New Year's Eve we spent with all my married siblings. We rang in the year playing a ridiculous game--Flapdoodle. So engrossed were we that we missed watching the ball drop! New Years Day was our big family Christmas. We opened gifts, ate amazing food, chatted, and played board games. Amidst it all, my nephews ran around loving to be with everyone and loving their new toys.

Jeremy and I are getting back into our schedule again. After two 3-day work weeks, he has to work a regular week, which means I'm home alone more again. I'll miss having him around.

Today I've made a mental list of tasks to do around here to keep myself busy. That's what Mondays are for anyway, right?

1 comments:

Heather L. said...

It was nice to see you, even if it was briefly! And I learned a new cooking technique as a result! :)

I don't like taking down the decorations either, but it is easier than when I was a kid. Rachel is now the way I was. She begged me not to take down the tree and told me it was "almost like a death." Wow, she hit it right on the button. That's exactly how I felt when I was little.

 
Copyright Facts, Facets, Fancies, and Fairy Tales 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Templates | Blogger Template