RSS

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Word picture

I have a soft spot in my heart for the movie You've Got Mail. I suppose most of it is because I love the Shop Around the Corner. And I love that Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan's character) knows Noel Streatfeild (the Shoe books) and Maud Hart Lovelace (Betsy & Tacy books), two authors that I read and loved growing up; now no one seems to be familiar with those authors.
However, the reason I even started this post was because I was remembering in the car yesterday this line from the movie when Joe Fox (Tom Hanks) says of his then girlfriend, "Patrica makes coffee nervous." I just love the mental picture of a woman making coffee jumpy.
Ahh well, it might just be me being easily entertained. :)

3 comments:

Joel and Stacey said...

I loved the Betsy & Tacy books too!

sam said...

I love "You've Got Mail". It's one of those films I can watch no matter what mood I'm in. And that is probably my favorite line in the whole movie so... I'm easily entertained as well I suppose :)

Lana Joy said...

You know, Steph, that Betsy & Tacy were some of my best friends as a kid. Although, sadly, I don't think I ever read any of the Shoe books. I love that movie, too, and it is mostly because I want to BE Kathleen Kelly (aside from the part where she loses her livelihood). I wanted to run the shop around the corner in New York. The movie even made NY look appealing, didn't it? I guess some things are TOO good to be true. *Sigh.

 
Copyright Facts, Facets, Fancies, and Fairy Tales 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Templates | Blogger Template